BDAA was launched on 9th July 2013 and our aim is to make Bristol – “The Dementia Friendly City of the UK”
We need volunteers to:
- Organise and run Dementia Awareness sessions (full training and support provided)
- Take our “Dementia Guides” to retailers/businesses and explain who BDAA is and what we are trying to achieve.
- Revisit with “Purple Angel Dementia Aware” stickers
- Help to run stalls at events such as Dementia Awareness Days
- Support us financially or contact organisations about possible funding
We have several volunteer positions and always welcome any support you can give.
- Team support – we are a small team – we all work together and support each other. Everyone’s ideas are welcome
- Ongoing relevant training as needed
- Visit our monthly Memory Café – Happy Days whenever you can – join in the fun and celebrate living with Dementia
- Lots of cake! We’re rather passionate about cake!
All our volunteers must have:
- Good communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Be flexible
- Be reliable
- Have office skills (if relevant for position)
- Work unpaid! However travel expenses can be paid.