Putting your Legal Affairs in Order

Please see this page for an overview of the documents needed and suggestions as to what they may contain

Power of Attorney

There are two Lasting Power of Attorneys:

  • Property and Financial Affairs
  • Health and Welfare

You can complete these by either:

Either way, Power of Attorney needs to be registered whilst the person with Dementia has “capacity” to make rational decisions.

It is really important that both the Carer and the person with Dementia discuss the situation with family members.

BDAA Trustee Anna Molter shares some more information here.